Recuva Features and Key Features
• Recover files on your computer. Did you delete the file by mistake? Recuva will recover deleted files on your computer, flash drive, camera or iPod.
• Recovery from damaged or formatted drives. Even if you formatted the drive so that it looks empty, Recuva can still find the files on it.
• Recover deleted messages.
• Recover Deleted iPod Music.
• Recover unsaved Word documents. If you created a Microsoft Word document and did not save it due to a computer freeze, Recuva will help you recover Word documents from temporary files.
• Quick Start Recovery Wizard without additional settings.
• The presence of the Deep Scan function. Recuva can find most files in one minute. Deep Scan - Deep Scan.
• Safely delete files that you want to erase forever. Want to protect deleted files? Recuva also allows you to permanently clear all traces of deleted files.
• Availability of portable / portable version.
• Multilingualism: 37 + languages.
The process of recovering deleted files using Recuva
After starting the program, the recovery wizard will automatically open, and if you close it, the program interface or the so-called advanced mode will open.
Note: if Recuva started in an unknown language, close the recovery wizard by clicking the Cancel button, go to the Settings - Languages menu and select the desired language.
The differences are not very noticeable, but: when restoring in advanced mode, you will be able to preview the supported file types (for example, photo), and in the wizard - just a list of files that can be restored (but if you wish, you can switch to advanced mode from the wizard) .
The recovery procedure in the wizard consists of the following steps:
1. On the first screen, click Next, and then specify the type of files you want to find and recover.
2. Indicate the location where these files were located - it may be some folder from which they were deleted, a USB flash drive, hard drive, etc.
3. Turn on (or not turn on) in-depth analysis. I recommend turning it on - although in this case the search takes longer, but it may be possible to recover more lost files.
4. Wait for the search to finish (on a 16 GB USB 2.0 flash drive, it took about 5 minutes).
5. Select the files you want to recover, click the Restore button and specify a save location. Important: do not save the data to the same drive from which the recovery takes place.
Files in the list may have a green, yellow or red mark, depending on how well they are stored and with what probability it is possible to restore them. However, sometimes files marked in red are restored successfully, without errors or damage, i.e. they should not be missed if there is something important.
When recovering in advanced mode, the process is not much more complicated:
1. Select the drive on which you want to find and recover data.
2. I recommend going to Settings and turning on deep analysis (other parameters are optional). The Search for deleted files option allows you to try to recover unreadable files from a damaged drive.
3. Click the Analyze button and wait for the search to complete.
A list of found files is displayed with a preview option for the supported types (extensions).
4. Mark the files that you want to recover and specify the location to save (do not use the drive from which the recovery takes place).
I tested Recuva with a flash drive with photos and documents formatted from one file system to another (my standard scenario when writing reviews of data recovery programs) and with another USB drive from which all files were simply deleted (not in the trash).
If in the first case there was only one photo (which is strange - expecting either none or all), in the second - all the data that was on the flash drive before deletion and, despite the fact that some of them were marked in red, all they have been successfully restored.
Download Recuva for free (compatible with Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7) for file recovery from the official website of the program https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/download.